NCP Coatings, a family owned company since 1948, seeks an experienced candidate for Huma Resource Manager to join the growing firm at its Niles, Michigan, headquarters!
The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
What we offer
- A family-oriented environment
- On the job training
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Stable environment, serving customers in Military, Forestry, OEM and more
- Competitive Pay
- Great benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Develops and monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and analyzes compensation.
- Assist with EH&S responsibilities, tracking, and functions as needed.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Conducts annual benefit renewal and performs benefits administration.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO, DOL, FAR, and other regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; writes and places postings.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; 5 years’ experience in HR or an HR-related field
- SHRM Certification required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ethical conduct
- Strategic thinking
- Decision making
- Basic first aid
- Effective speaking and listening
- Sitting, standing
(Independent actions able to take)
In the absence of the CFO, HR Manager can make decisions with the aid of the COO or CEO.