SiloxoShield: Polysiloxane Top Coats
SiloxoShield I & II polysiloxane top side coatings, were formulated by Navy Research Laboratory, and scaled up and manufactured exclusively by NCP Coatings Inc. SiloxoShield I & II are a step up in industrial polysiloxane coatings, offering urethane like quality without the need or use of hazardous polyisocyanate catalysts.
SiloxoShield I, is a single component polysiloxane technology QPL approved to MIL-DTL-24635E Type V, Class 2, Grade B, and outperforms conventionally available two-component polysiloxanes. This single component coating was designed to be brush, rolled, or sprayed and eliminates the need and risk associated with mixing two component products.
SiloxoShield II, is a two component polysiloxane technology QPL approved to MIL-DTL-24635 Types V & VI Class 2, Grade B and also outperforms conventionally available two-component polysiloxanes.
Both SiloxoShield I & II are available in a full range of colors and can be formulated using low solar absorbing (LSA) pigments to reduce substrate and interior temperatures in areas with high solar loading.
SiloxoShield I & II Coating Features
- Full range of both Federal 595 and customer specific colors
- Low VOC HAPS free formulations
- LSA formulations available
- Superior Color and Gloss Retention
- Improved Chemical and Abrasion Resistance over traditional 2-component polysiloxanes
- Improved Cleanability and Hydrocarbon Resistance
- Single component (SiloxoShield I) formulations available for ease of use, no mixing of A & B components required