NCP Coatings, a family owned company since 1948, seeks an experienced candidate for Vice President of Sales and Marketing to join the growing firm at its Niles, Michigan, headquarters!
The VP of Sales & Marketing is responsible for providing strategic sales and market development leadership for the company by working closely with the executive management team and other team members to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
We have an exciting list of innovative and competitive products to offer to our growing customer list.
At NCP Coatings, our customers are our number one priority. Providing the highest quality products to exceed their expectations is of utmost importance.
What we offer
- A family-oriented environment
- On the job training
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Stable environment, serving customers in Military, Forestry, OEM and more
- Competitive Pay
- Great benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization’s sales and market related fiscal functions
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Implement infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function, including forecasting and budgeting
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Develop high-level management relationships with key customers to establish favorable long-term business relationships, to promote corporate image in the marketplace, and to position strategically existing and newly developed product lines
- Maintain an effective professional relationship with team members by projecting an image of support to create and foster a highly interactive team environment
- Promote and use the elements of the company’s quality system through familiarity with its philosophy and disciplines.
(This position, as with all positions in the company, has the responsibility and authority to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of product nonconformity)
- Identify growth opportunities by: working closely with distribution partners; identifying potential customers; and planning and organizing sales call schedules and leads
- Communicate with lab, technical service and manufacturing staffs to ensure timely and required responses to meeting and/or exceeding distributor/customer expectations for product/service needs
- Contribute to sales team effectiveness by: identifying and addressing short- and long-term issues; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing directives
- Negotiate contracts and distribution pricing
- Comply with and help enforce standard policies and procedures for health and safety
- BS or BA preferred
- 10 years’ experience in direct sales, marketing, and/or distribution position
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong product and market knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communicative and written skills
- Problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to manage personnel
- Mental requirements: Strong decision and problem resolution skills
- Medium travel required
- Sitting, standing, walking
Authority (Independent actions able to take)
- Make key decisions necessary for developing long-term favorable relationships with distribution channel customers
> Responsibility also includes the authority to identify and act to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of product non-conformity.
Fill out your application today, then